What Support will I be offered?
The fostering service offers a comprehensive package of support and training to all its foster carers. We work as a team with you around the child and make sure you are supported throughout your journey, from application to during placements.
A Supportive fostering team
We know how important it is to have support and guidance from fostering experts. Once you’ve been approved as an official Family Works foster carer, you’ll have:
- Access to qualified social workers 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A professionally qualified, named supervising social worker for contact and support
- Support groups and foster carer lunches
- Access to our specialist parent-child worker
- Access to innovative training techniques, including Video Interactive Guidance
- Training courses to learn new skills
- A dedicated peer mentor from one of our experienced foster carers
Associations and memberships
- Reward scheme for discounts to activities
- Paid membership of Foster Talk
By choosing to become a foster carer you can make a huge difference in a child or young persons life.